Saturday, May 14, 2016

Seeing the Rainbow


"Sometimes it's hard to see the rainbow when it's been raining for days. "

When I became Renee's friend over three years ago I learned how strong she was in her faith, in the middle of the rain storm. She's lost two babies in three years and it's been a major heartache for her and her husband. 

I remember when she was almost at her lowest and about to lose heart, her and I just cried in her kitchen together. There was nothing I could do or say to make the pain go away. I had a healthy baby, how could I even start to feel her pain. Besides, she had heard ALL the phrases she could about Gods plan and such, and she was no fool to that knowledge. Her faith wasn't wavering, her heart was simply broken. A few months later we rejoiced close to that very same spot when she found out she was going to be a mama and things were going well. 

...We finally see the rainbow! Baby boy will be here hopefully by July 3 and these 'aunties' couldn't be more excited for her. 


This is our bible study. There's something magical that happens when God brings totally random women together to study his word, to learn about His love and mercy and grace. We complain to each other, we try to build each other up, we sometimes even accidentally hurt each others feelings. But at the end of the day we are learning so much about Gods mercy and love for each of us. 





I was a good sport and did the baby bottle race..you know, the one with a slow flow nipple and apple juice. I LOST! 


Excited for you mama!!!