Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Why He left Heaven!!


If you haven't heard Matthew West new song Leaving Heaven...go! Check it out. I first heard it today when my hubby was listening to it.

Sometimes I forget that He became poor, so that I would become rich. He was so rich and perfect and broke His body for me.  He left heaven for me. For you. Y'all I don't know about you but I wouldn't leave paradise for a bunch of broken and confused people. 

Another thing I remembered so far this advent season, that let me realize I need to give myself more grace was that although I wrestle with God and plead and pray for things that I want, Jesus did the same. When he was alone the night before He died, he begged God to take the cross from Him. And when God told him to continue and trust Him, that was the end of his pleading. 

So if you are like me and sometimes think we know what's best in little things and big things, remember that what He wants for us is so much more than we know. 

Here's a little part of the song: 

I’m gonna walk around that broken Earth
Trading in these streets of gold
So if you ever wonder how much you’re worth
You should know That you’re the reason why I’m leaving Heaven

Ain’t gonna be no kingdom, ain’t gonna be no crown
Just a little old manger, in a little old town
But it’ll do just fine for this humble King
I’m leaving Heaven let all the angels

And you will say goodbye to that broken Earth
You’re gonna walk on streets of gold
And if you ever wonder what my love is worth
Well you should know
That I’m the reason you’ll be seeing Heaven
Oh, you’re the reason why I’m leaving Heaven

I'll leave you with a few pictures of just a few of the people dear to me that He left heaven for. Just a few of the people He left Heaven for (bc I don't have pics on this new phone or else y'all would all be on here) :

 










Even goofy old me!