Monday, December 28, 2015

31 is just as fun





These are my people {and our dogs} Today was mundane, yet blissful and magical for my 31st birthday. There wasn't a cake. The toddler still threw his tantrums (as if he didn't care that it was MY BIRTHDAY •rude•) we had no heat or electricity for 80% of the day. 


But, like I do every year, I reflect and realize that this life only gets better with age. These moments are normal and usual and common every day things-but they are so very magical. 


I remember thinking as I grew up; 'what a crock' it was for my poor mom to have to stuff her own stocking and bake her own birthday cake. How 'sad' it was that she didn't get the magical birthday and Christmas experiences anymore.  Now I realize that being and doing life as a mother and a wife is anything but a crock. I don't take this for granted.