Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cooking with Cooper

Sometimes I forget that these mundane daily activities are the most special times that we will ever have together. Sometimes I find 10,000 reasons to tell him no that he cannot help me because I've got to get something done 'quickly'. And a lot of the time I do just that, work quickly and shove him in front of the tv. But every once in a while I open my silly eyes and catch myself saying 'why can't he help me. What's the point of all this if he can't be part of it and what am I in such a dang hurry for?"

So today when his little friend Grady and Grady's baby brother were sick, I asked if he would like to help me make their family lunch. He was so excited to be invited and said "yes mommy! I would like that Bery much!" 

I even found a nylon knife kids can use! He actually did a great job with the peppers! 



He said he had to wear his hat so his head wouldn't get hurt. Whatever that means. 


Then I told him to mix the biscuit mix and when I turned around with the spoon he had already started. :) 



And this was the face I got when I told him we weren't eating this one. 


And this was the sweet face I got when I told him I made two. One for them one for us. 


And that's how it's done he says. 

It's actually pretty darn fun to cook with little ones (as long as you can let them be messy). 

We made John Wayne cassarole. Recipe below. (It's delicious!!!) 







Kregg likes it better putting the biscuit mix on top of hamburger then sour cream mix on top of it. Either way it's delicious and you're going to love it!