When we got off the phone he texted me and said "while you were gone to California last week I went up during church and had to lay my burden of this desiring a baby thing down at Gods feet, i really wanted a baby and finally had to give it fully to God. Kyle was playing 'come to the alter' and I did and tears were rolling down my face, I told God I couldn't fret about it anymore"
Well cue my tears! So you mean to tell me that while we were discussing adoption and taking pictures to build a profile that I NEVER imagined would happen in the first place, while Kregg was submitting his will to God, while I was trying to let go of having another biological child...God was working in my womb that entire time?!?
So, there we were, having to/choosing to tell our adoption contacts the fresh news and change of current plan, because we felt that for the time being we probably wouldn't handle two babies due in September- we felt that the adoption needed to be tabled for the time being, not forever but for 2018. It was nuts and surreal and crazy to think about and talk about with friends and family.
So we ended up here a few weeks later doing this ...
Baby #2 has had a safe and non eventful pregnancy !
It's gone to California and to Washington DC!
Cooper could not be more excited for 'the baby' to be here with us TOMORROW and we are right there with him.
We didn't find out Gender just like with Cooper...but we've got names for either and are excited whether its pink or blue!
Cooper has been to every appointment with us until school started of course, per his request. He has had some funny moments and some sweet moments. The funniest one was the first appointment. So I was sitting on the exam table waiting for the doctor to come in, knowing all he would do was talk and hear the heartbeat on my belly then we were done. So as we waited, Cooper saw the stirrups under the table and said "hmmm what are those for?" and we smiled and said well those are for my feet"(not explaining more) he just said oh..okay. Then he saw the light/ long lamp beside the table and said super confident "oh, this is for the dr to be able to see your feet real well then huh" Kregg and I laughed so hard, and agreed that yes, its to see my feet really well. KIDS !
Anyway, we are so excited for this adventure and are so thankful for the blessing. We are have been trying to process it all since January, just the pure blessing and gift that He gave us in a way we weren't expecting at all at that moment.
My Sweet friend Amanda snapped a few of these and I had a few taken elsewhere...because second kid needs some bump pics too!
![]() |
| my favorite picture of all my pregnancy pictures |
This one ..oh my goodness.
Im not sure why but he would NOT relax on Kregg's shoulder. I think maybe because he felt odd with only one arm to hold onto him, anyway it is funny! Welcome to the crap shoot 2.0
*I really really really want to make sure its known that I realize not all, well.... not many stories are like ours in the way that they end up in a pregnancy...i'm very sensitive to the fact that there are so many women that cannot have this story. I pray often for women that aren't able to have babies or for women that have lost babies as well in the process. And again, adoption hasn't ever been my plan B...so we shall see what happens...but first we shall tend to Baby 2.0**












