Sunday, September 23, 2018

Anna's 30th Birthday - in January

I have a friend, she's pretty special to me, and to many others.  She's had a tough few years as life has thrown her some major curveballs, so when her sister texted me and asked if i'd like to go on a trip to Huntington Beach, California for her 30th birthday, I had to highly consider it.  THEN I looked and saw it was the SAME week as my other special friend's baby shower only an hour away from each other...I had to do it.

We booked our tickets and off we went in January, to celebrate some pretty special ladies.












Anna's sister rented a house and it was literally three blocks from the beach, talk about glorious!  She did a great job planning, but not over planning this trip.  It was one of the most relaxing trips i've ever been on and IT wasn't even for me!





We had the most adorable cruisers at our house available to us to ride, and we took full advantage of them.  We went on a 5 mile ride along the beach one morning, and my legs were BURNING!




So worth it!


We are all moms, and party mode is pretty much over, so what did we do?  We ate a lot....we went to dinner and played catch phrase on our phone with whoever walked by..it was the best.




Probably my favorite meal, CHICKEN & WAFFLES...I ate it three times in 5 days, oops.



The girls flew out Sunday morning and I stuck around to lock up the house, while my dear friend Lauren drove down from Santa Monica to pick me up before her baby shower.  We drove the coast most of the way with our windows down, it was a perfect Sunday morning.


When we got to the shower, they had a surprise up their sleeves that i didn't even know about...they all of a sudden we heard a very familiar voice coming down the stairs, her MOM flew out from Cali to surprise her and be at her baby shower.  It was a special moment for sure!



The next day we had all day together, and went to the Santa Monica Pier with some friends to walk around and goof off.


I had the best visit with Lauren and her husband...they were wonderful hosts! 

Did I mention how I had forgotten that coast people bring their dogs everywhere?  Sweet Juno came with us in the car, on the walk, and even to dinner.


Anyway--->

It was a wonderful week and im so grateful for it- NOT so sure why it took so long to post this- I went in January!    Maybe we will go again this year :)