Monday, July 30, 2018

The Big One! (catfish)

Coop grabbed this fish scale/tape measure from my grandpas estate sale and has carried it every day...he couldn't wait to use it.

So three days this week we went fishing..soaking up every last minute we have before public school takes him for 12 years and before he becomes a sibling.


Before VBS last week one night we went out and it was a great night, he even got one on the line but it busted away...needless to say mama doesn't really know how to make a line so we went home..amateurs 


So the next evening he wanted to catch that dang fish that got away.  .  . so back at it we were!

With no luck.  

Sidenote: He prayed God please let me catch a fish, please.
While mama prayed silently "Lord please don't let him catch a fish, I don't want him to think its always easy...I want him to learn patience better than his mama"
Sorry buddy--I'm just thinking long term life lessons, not short term.


So here is to night #3....we brought Daddy this time!


And THANK GOODNESS we did because we needed his help to get this sucker reeled in!

(Ignore his leg- he was fixing creek gaps in shorts from all of the wonderful rain and got poison ivy)



We had ONE HAPPY BOY!  He just kept smiling and jumping saying "I can't believe it, I just really can't believe it!"


He got to use Grandpa's scale and smiled and said "I think Grandpa sent me that fish because i've been so patient this week"


The drive home he kept smiling out the window, and at bed time he kept smiling, and the next morning he was smiling.  

Its sure fun to watch you grow, kid !