Tonight we decided to order burgers for meals to the field and I had some sides. We walked into the local bar to pick them up and my sweet boy grabbed his little Velcro wallet from his back pocket and said "mama I wana pay for it" and gave me a dime. It was the sweetest thing and everyone in the joint smiled and said how cute it was. I proceeded to let him think he paid the $60 tab with his coin.
Then after we delivered the meal we went on a date- I had told him all day we could go uptown to the kids movie. When we were holding hands, walking across the street he said "mama. I wana pay for the movie alright?" And I said "well babe you already paid for supper you don't have to do that." He said "oh no I want to!...I want to take care of you and be a big boy" and I proceeded (after I choked back some tears literally) to squeeze his hand a few times. (We do that a lot and we say it means I love you.) He squeezed mine back a few times and he handed the woman a dollar bill. She played along and gave it back with my change.
I've got a pretty sweet young man here!
