Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter 2016

Easter!! It's probably my second favorite holiday (hard to top Christmas) and probably the most emotional holiday for me. The way they describe what they did to the King of Kings who was without sin...it makes me cringe. This morning as I showered and was listening to praise and worship music it literally brought me to tears and to my knees just thinking about it. The most amazing act of selfless love anyone has ever done for me. Also, my favorite holiday: Christmas, wouldn't mean a thing without Easter. 

That being said...


I could not have dyed eggs and made them look half as beautiful as these from our chickens. 


Rewind to yesterday - Cooper attended the Easter egg hunt here in town. Kregg and I sadly gave him a strategy. "When they say go you need to run to the other end and start grabbing eggs-all the kids will stop here first and grab them all" 



And he did it! He did great and had a lot of fun with it! 



Back to today---> 
We woke up to snow. What?!?! 

But it was soft and light and wet and BEAUTIFUL. 


AND although I swore when I was a mom I wouldn't use holidays to gift socks and underwear...I did it. He needed some and didn't need more toys. 


This morning he got to wear his new suit to church and he was SO stinking excited. He even got his boots and shined them up. 




After church we got a picture taken and let's just say it was fun to look through them afterwords. 

NOT AMUSED


"FINE HERES A FACE!"


"WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE?!" 


"Alright mama, you'll have to be okay with this forced smile" 


After lunch at shashas, he enjoyed hunting eggs as well. 




Or maybe he enjoyed the candy and toys more. 



It was a good day. 


We not only missed Kreggs sweet sweet late aunt, but today was his grandmas first birthday in heaven. Heavy day for the family-but also a wonderful day knowing that because Jesus took that cross we will be able to join them someday.

<----------------->
What kind of King would choose to wear a crown that bleeds and scars to win my heart. 

What kind of love tells me I'm the reason he can't stay inside the grave. 

<-------------------------->

Happy Easter