Working three days a week has been nice but it also has its downfalls.
I miss the little guy during these three days. And I know that 'soon' enough I'll be home full time. Just not quite yet.It's been refreshing watching him grow at our little church daycare. Some things of course id rather him not learn {attitude} but mostly it's been great.
Anyway
On days home we have picnics. A lot of picnics. In fact those days he's rarely in his high chair for meals.
And sometimes he wants to sit at the bar like a big kid while mommy cooks.
Sometimes our days are great and full of fun and other days seem long and feel as if we clash with every moment. It's all a learning stage, a stage I doubt we will ever finish.
I'm learning to adapt with every change he makes. Learning to balance how to be a fun mommy while giving him enough discipline.
What I've been learning lately is to be present. I have my phone around less and I play more. Because after all, he won't always want to sit on my lap and read books. He won't always want me to push him on the swing for what seems like days.
I read this book a while back and it was a perfect fit for right now. It pointed out some flaws I have and really made me realize that I need to be present.
But most importantly. As we approach these 'terrible twos' and so forth, I'm learning that he needs my grace. He needs the same grace my parents gave me growing up. He needs the same grace God gives me, daily.
Tantrums have already started-big attitudes have been around a few months-we've been waiting. And what I do know is that we all are learning how to do this together.
When I am focused on the fact that Kregg and I are new to this parenting gig and I'm praying for guidance, I am reminded that Coopers new to all of this too.
I saw this earlier this week and it meant a lot to me.
“Where there are no oxen, the feeding trough is clean,
but profits come through the strength of the ox.” Proverbs 14:4
And to me it meant that even when life is crazy or seems crazy as it does with a toddler...it's all worth it. It's worth it because we have to put in to get back, without Cooper life would be less crazy and our home less messy but joy comes from his crazy mess!





