How heavy is this video--the story is almost unbelievable. School shootings themselves are heart wrenching but 'school shooting' does not seem to describe this tragedy...these were babies murdered...To think of kids I know that are 5 & 6 & 7 years old i cannot imagine them being shot, not once but twice or three times.
I dont know the answer- I know that until Jesus comes back that it is up to us to try to stop these things from happening, it is up to us to try to show love and teach love. I dont know exactly what the problem was with the shooter, I heard that he had issues with the school previously and had to be taken out of the system. I do know that a friend and I spoke about this and we discussed that we need to start keeping score at t-ball games, stop teaching children that life is supposed to be 'fair' and even that life is supposed to be good. We need to stop sugar coating things and walking on eggshells to cater to those that cant handle certain issues or roadblocks. I know that with Cooper we will not teach him that life is fair, we wont teach him not to keep score or never make him lose. Even when and if Cooper has a sibling we will not make sure all is even and kept fair, all situations are different and need to be kept different. Our world is broken- and will be forever, this is what makes being a Christian and follower of Jesus the only thing to hold strong onto, without that life is one big tragedy.
My first reaction when I heard this was 'wow, maybe we will homeschool our kids after all'...but thats not the 'answer' either. Since having Cooper there have been multiple times that i have had to pray and keep on giving Cooper to God, I have to say out loud that i trust Him and that He is in control. I guess we can get hard and mad and become worrisome or we can keep on trusting that God is in control.
Things have gotten pretty bad/sad in the country- who knows perhaps the end of the world is really coming soon.
Do not fret or Worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions & Praises shape your worries into prayers letting God know your concerns. Before you know it a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good will come and settle you down. It is wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Phil 4:6-7
