Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shell 'wildcatters'

SHELL WILDCATTERS


This weekend Shell put together a team to play in a benefit tourney here in town--it was a fun day of no work and all play--butttttt easy to say we should stick to drilling wells because Softball isn't our forte :)


I was the batgirl/coach/cheerleader as it was a safety liability to have me play (not to mention I am NOT a softball player)  Kregg even got to play the first game at 8 AM saturday that lasted 45 minutes til he had to go to work--was fun for him.  (didn't make the team pic)


Most people thought our team name came from just being a kansas team and KSU wildcats but I had to inform a few people of the following;


wildcatter is an American term for a person who drills wildcat wells, which are oil wells drilled in areas not known to be oil fields.  Since many people have no faith in finding this large field in KS--we will continue to be wildcatters and hopefully prove them wrong. 


Lookin pretty athletic with my belly hanging out of my softball shirt :)




On a positive note I had a meeting with a few higher-ups at work and they reassured me that they will keep me as busy as i'd like to be the next few months and after the baby comes--which is a huge relief because 1. I love what i do and 2. the pay is very good...so I'm not ready to have that come to a hault when Baby C comes.  I'll most likely work 3 days a week after the baby comes.  I told Kregg if it acts like its daddy i may want to work more often...but if its calm quiet and collected like mommy i'll want to stay home more.  (sarcasm-he's the good one I'm the crazy one) Of course the month of June i plan to take a few extra days off to spend some time in the field with Kregg.  Thankful for a boss and job that understands me and my goals for employment/family life.  


We took a fun survey of a few family members on my side and all but one have said that Baby C is a boy--one cousin said Girl...just is fun to hear what people say and will be fun to see who was right.  Also is crazy to hear what wives tales there are with 'low' and 'high' and heartbeats and cravings...its a 50/50 chance so who knows :) I say boy still---kregg says girl still----so i just keep buying stuff for both :|