Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Remembering my 4 legged friends

So Sunday with miss Avry and her horse made me remember things;

Being a farm girl I got more up close and personal to animals that most of my friends werent able to- but moreso being in 4-H was when I really got personal with my show animals. 

Yesterday was Blake's birthday ( brother ) and I was thinking about how much $$ I owe him because he always got stuck feeding/leading/washing my animals because- well-- im a girl and i often bailed when it was time to do the real work.  But I always dressed real cute and got great ribbons with my animals becase- well-- im a girl :)
Sorry Blake- I appreciate you still and owe you lots!

Thought i'd share a few pics from when I was growing up.
(Please ignore my Dutch boy Haircut)

My Calves were always my favorite- We would start it in our garage most of the time and bottle feed it-  I remember my favorite one would not walk without my finger in its mouth- so there i was walking along showing my calf in the Barton County Fair- and tears came rolling down my face, when the judge asked what was wrong I pulled my finger out of its mouth covered with blood.  ( I believe I got a Blue ribbon that show)



 This stupid horse RUDY took off with me that day and wouldnt stop running- was one of the scariest days of my life (and maybe mom and dads life)...although im fond of horses- i still am pretty cautious of them as they are so strong. 

PIGS!   I hated pigs then and i hate them now- they were fun but you couldnt play with them.  We fed them all summer and then come fair time we just whipped em around in the ring and smiled.

Dorset lambs are the best ever. period.
Thats my dad in the background in the blue shirt- best.dad.ever.period
Moms not in many pictures because she was always taking the pictures- but she's the best.mom.ever.period as well

I had quite a few sheep over the years and always fell in love with them. 
Of course it was a Love Hate relationship- as they are Stubborn and I am stubborn- and when they do not want to walk- they wont walk, they rear back and leap-its the stupidest looking thing ever.

I was always very sad to see my sheep hauled off after the sale (once my brother's friends informed me where they were going to be killed)


Im so thankful that Mom and Dad encouraged us Forced us to be in all those extra activites like 4-H..it  stretched our social skills and taught us many life lessons.