Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh by the way...we had an earthquake

Saturday was fun- My mother in law and I went to the craft show- and crystal n Fiona met us there.  We then rushed home to prepare food for the guys' lunch.  Marsha Carothers sure can whip up a homemade meal quickly.  She made Chicken Fried Steak, Twice baked potatoes, green beans, and something else that I dont remember in 45 minutes, had it all warm and on the table ready to eat at the same time. 

For this-I am impressed & deflated that poor Kregg went from Marshas house of plenty of good homemade food to our house with Katie's experimental meals that I can never get the potatoes done at the same time as the meal.    Sorry Kregg - im trying!

Sunday we spent the day cleaning- doing laundry- Kregg watched the Chiefs game and did a few home repairs- i baked two desserts and made some potatoes and brisket for supper( made sure to put the potatoes in the oven plenty early ) because my cousin Kari and her son Daegan came to our house for the evening.  We also went out to see Kyle's horses so that Daegan could pet them. 

He wasn't so sure of the horse at first- but then he warmed up to it and led it around for a few minutes:



Avry on the other hand loves her horsies-she pets and leads and loves and rides them with no worries-its pretty sweet and fun to watch her and Kyle with their horses:



Here is the recipe for the Zucchini bars---they are Yummy and healthy! Step by step:





Oh by the way-- we had an earthquake Saturday--a 4.7 magnitude. 

Thanksgiving being weeks away I am reminded today how thankful I am that a 4.7 Earthquake doesnt shake the structures that I live and work in.  I am thankful that it is a 'by the way' type happening.

But I am also reminded how big God is- how much control God has over my life.  

*I think its funny that people have called and asked if the quake has anything to do with all the oil drilling--um really? Japan quake? Haiti quake? Why does an earthquake in the Midwest have to be man created but God does the others?   

Yes I am thankful, but I am also prayerful for my friends in Haiti that are still suffering from the quake that happened almost two years ago.  I know how scary it is- I remember some of the aftershocks when I lived there- it leaves you feeling scared and powerless and just waiting for the next tremor.