The past six years we have paid some real cash in babysitters, as in we could buy a car with what we've paid...I'm not talking a green pinto either, yet I don't regret one dollar spent. It has been so worth it to have a few trusted girls to watch my kiddo(s) through these years so that Kregg & I can go and do things from time to time. That being said, we got a sitter and rallied with some friends Saturday night to make a big fuss over Lauren's graduation. This girl went back to college with three kiddos and is finally done!
Sisterhood has become a lost art. Comparison + Competition seem to be the new rhythm in relationships. But we can reclaim that territory and meet each other in the middle of our messes and call it beautiful. Most of the time you'll find our group of mamas in sweat pants or if we want to be fancy in our yoga pants, with rewarmed coffee talking about spelling words and temper tantrums. But sometimes we get out and put on real pants and celebrate with our hubbies!
I've seen her at all of her stages and we don't always agree on things in life, but I've seen her..and I continue to see her; the good, the hard, the crazy, the fun, and I now breath it in and say its all good stuff, and it truly is. I'm so dang proud of her crazy butt!
 |
| Cam! |
 |
| Her parents--so fun! |
 |
| Just a few of us |
 |
| Karaoke |
Maybe when she graduates with her Masters Degree we will go on a trip :) ok ok just kidding!