A few weeks ago a friend invited me to paint poppies and fellowship with other women...of course I said sure, but it was so much more than paint and a canvas!
Let me tell you, those poppies I painted weren't the most beautiful and perfect poppies ever, but they were my poppies, to which I did actually somewhat try to make nicely. Those poppies were MY MASTERPIECE. Even though by the worlds standards, and my eye's standards they were hideous and awful, especially when compared to the beautiful ones surrounding them, they were mine created by ME.
The lesson was that we are ALL God's Masterpiece..we are all fearfully and wonderfully made.
You know that person that you cannot stand? That person that just gets under your skin for being fake? That person that talks a big game but doesnt play? That person that drinks so much on saturday and then shows up hungover to church? That person that you know is doing things to hurt others yet acts like they are a christian? ---> Well, they are God's masterpiece...and they are fearfully and wonderfully made just like YOU.
And when I am closer to God, and my heart is full of Him, I can appreciate His works of His hands better. I can love others ONLY because they are God's masterpiece.
Even when I don't understand those people or even agree with them, I can choose to love them because HE made them in His image.
And those dear ladies down below...THEY are a work of art! They are beautiful inside and out and I'm blessed to call them friends.
(They are also full of grace for not making fun of my poppies :) )

