This morning went so well! Well....once someone finally woke up :) It only took mama going in twice to get him outta bed, then straight to the breakfast table we went to have our breakfast casserole and fruit and milk!
![]() |
| Someone wasn't amused at first -"I'm not going, I'm tired" yes son, i remember those days |
Then he got dressed and brushed teeth and was ready to go, until DADDY said "we need some pictures don't we?" Boy it was nice to not have to ask :)
![]() |
| FIRST DAY! |
![]() |
| SOAR LITTLE GUY- SOAR |
![]() |
| You've got no idea how long it took me to stand back up lol |
Drop off went down without a hitch and we hung out a bit then I had some friends over for coffee cake and couch chatter all morning. Which by the way is a pretty wonderful plan if you ask me, I knew it could be a long morning so I was proactive and made plans. Except mama didn't shed a tear today, I think I had no more tears left from last nights cry a thon..which was okay with me today!
PS- the BEST coffee cake!
When I picked him up he came right out with a smile and just hugged me, I said did you have a great day? He said YES, but I am ready to get home. :)
He talked the entire way home and just kept saying "and guess what mom?" "Guess what?" "kindergarten isn't so bad after all, I think i'll like it mom!" "mom guess what they didn't even make me pay for my lunch, aren't they the best?" lol out of the mouths of babes!
He asked if we could take a picture and send it to daddy when we got home to make sure he knew he was okay :) As if he went to war? But i obliged of course because when your six year old boy asks you to take a picture, you don't argue.
His teacher sent a few pictures from the day, bless her heart. She's so sweet and kind! Cooper gave her a special shirt to show his love for her even, she of course looks adorable in it. We will be praying for this special lady all year long!
Did I mention I have some pretty great friends that know me well..one stopped after work and brought me oreos, and another took me to lunch on her lunch break...I tell you what!
Anyway, it was a wonderful day for our family and we are excited to watch him continue to grow well. Go get 'em boy!









