Friday, June 2, 2017

loving Charlie's parents

So, i've wanted to have a party in the barn since we moved in.  I knew that B'Manda (per what cooper calls them) becoming parents would most likely be the first reason to do this. 

Summers get busy, our guys run long hours and it often creates a long season.  Her belly will just get bigger and hormones and emotions will grow as well, so what better than to have a surprise shower before the crazy kicked in, for her sake.  I rallied the troops, as I do, and everyone was thrilled to help!  Charlie's grandma was thrilled to create some wonderful pieces for decorations, friends kicked in for food and drinks, and her family brought amazing homemade pies and cupcakes, it was great!  

It was a little hard to keep a secret from someone I talk to and see almost daily..but we did it!



I treasure our friendship so much and cannot wait to watch her be a mommy, Charlie is a lucky girl.  



Pulled Pork - Potatoes - Potato salad 


Did i mention Charlie's grandma is super talented!?



These boys have been friends for a long time, oddly enough, the one on the left babysat the one on the right when they were little boys, too funny! 




I guess floral was the pattern of the evening.

(sidenote: Her parents told her that they were going to the steakhouse for supper, making sure she was dressed cute when she showed up for the surprise!) 



Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Lemon Pie, Peach Pie...they went above and beyond! 


And this is just fun! We love our chiropractors so very much.  They have done wonders for my neck and jaw and tailbone, but enough about me.  They also love my friends that i've pushed on them.  They graciously agreed to come and help celebrate miss Charlie and family.  As a gift I asked if he would bring his table, because she hadnt been adjusted in a while.  He did and he ended up saying ANYONE could have an adjustment...um yes please!  I think everyone except like 3 people jumped on!  





Sawyer will be getting a brother AND a cousin this fall..how exciting!


What a great bunch!


Its really too bad Sawyer doesn't get any love or attention :) 


It was a beautiful surprise and a lovely evening for some wonderful parents-to-be! 




I have so many more photos but thought i'd let Charlie's mom share the rest :)