Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hospitality to a Cowboy!

Y'all! I had the cutest cowboy in my kitchen this morning! Check him out!


When I laid down to take this picture he said "play with me mommy!" And so I did {after realizing and ignoring how dirty my floors were} 

I remembered when someone told me "parent the way you want to be treated" and I realized what that meant today. Everyone wants people to show interest in their interests and activities. Even little toddlers. When he's scared, I should react because even though I know he's being dramatic, he needs to know I care. When he has something to tell me (that he's told me 50x) I need to show interest and listen. When he wants attention even though I'm 'busy' I should give him attention or at least acknowledge him.

And this goes hand in hand with what we learned in bible study this week 'what is hospitality, really?' And Romans 12:9-13 says 'Love must be sincere.'
And sincere love requires concentration and effort. Doesn't that sound simple? 

So today while ignoring the week old cereal on the kitchen floor I showed interest in him and his trucks. I play with him a lot, don't get me wrong.  But sometimes I play, but I don't concentrate on the task because it seems menial. Or I put half effort forth because I'm busy with something else. But today, we played because I want him to know what true hospitality and love is. And what better way than to teach by example. 

Besides. He's way more fun than cleaning floors any day! {and he's kinda cute}


On a side note. We went to our Mommy and Me playgroup this morning and it was a costume party. 

He was ready. to. go!  Our little Bull Rider!



Trying to get a group picture was a show to say the least. Yikes!