Today I was Thinking back, when kregg mentioned Cooper as a possible boy name I wasn't sure...in fact I honestly didn't really like the name. But I thought I should give it a chance since Kregg really liked it.
I remember looking it up in one of those baby name books thinking 'barrel maker?...that's what his name represents?' Oh joy!!
But today, at almost 20 months of age he is a definite Cooper..and I love it! I looked it up today to see what else it could mean. Here is what I found;
"Passionate, compassionate, humanitarian minded and generous"
I smiled when I read that, in fact I think my heart leaped out of my chest. If that's what his name really means-amen!! Those are all the things I pray for him to be. So I officially threw out barrel maker and adopted the other meanings.
It's funny this marriage thing. Trusting one another on big things and small things. I may not have been 100% excited on the name Cooper, but I knew in my heart that was the right name because Kregg chose it. It's nice to go through this thing called life with someone you can trust and rely on for all these little joys and concern.
He looks like a Cooper doesn't he??
And although most people don't, I wanted everyone to call him Cooper Dillon all the time. Hes got a pretty strong and great name, I love it!
You see, coopers name represents two of my most respected men in my life, {along with my dad of course who was the first man I ever loved} Kregg chose his first name. And we chose Dillon after one of the best guys I know, hands down.
Barrel maker, sheesh!


