I came across this the other day- I was impressed. Yes - to the small town midwest folk it may seem a little much- but thats what it is and thats what the subject is--a little much. I remember nursing Cooper- I remember being embarrassed when I had to find a place to feed my sweet baby- but I also remember seeing my friends babies in Haiti saved by breast milk & FAT because of breastmilk & lordy I saw a lot of ta-tas while I was there-seems like everyone was lactating there! I remember knowing in my heart of hearts that it is the way to go and it is the way Jesus made us {remember Sin made us clothe ourselves-we were meant to be naked so im pretty sure nursing wasnt meant to be such a big deal}. And just like she says- I don't want to flaunt it- but when we live in a country with billboards covered in boobs--it is sad that people are so uncomfortable with the functionality of nursing, and you cant fully understand it or even comment on it until you've sat nursing a baby in the toilet stall at Target.
Watch this- even if you're eyes are rolled and youre uncomfortable with it-or even if youre not uncomfortable with it- its well worth the video- It is something to think about- I doubt Mother Mary of Jesus sat in a toilet stall to nurse our King of Kings- i'd say before it was so per versed it wasnt near the issue.
Ultimately we choose to feed our babies breast milk because its good for them so it doesnt matter how it gets to them whether its in the living room or a toilet stall- but it shouldn't have to be such a hush hush issue or such a stigma - I personally think its amazing.
Now here's my disclaimer- there is some modesty of course and there is a time to stop I believe- but that is a very very personal decision.
There- I did it- A blog post on boobs-- rant over :) g'nite!
