Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend of Friends

This weekend we just chilled with friends to enjoy life before life gets busy with wheat harvest.  Sunday at church we had a great sermon about friendship- It was John 15:9-17 another one of my favorites- esp "Greater Love has no one than this: To lay down one's life for one's friends."  

Pastor Terry talked about how in life and Facebook and all that we want more friends friends friends-when truly they are contacts.  But to actually KNOW and LOVE a friend is more than that-  and God wants us not to want to friends but to BE a friend and Love one another.  And when people aren't being friends-we know that God is the best friend we will always have-he is the same today yesterday and tomorrow.  

Thursday night we went to see Nick & Britton and kiddos--they are good but Britton is tired :(  Chase has grown a lot I think just in a few days that have gone by since I last saw him.  

Frenchie is moving back to France--a Foreign dude that was living with some friends of ours for the past year--so they had a going away party for him Saturday night- was fun and I even lasted til MIDNIGHT!







Excuse me Im probably KILLING kregg at this point--im not AS big as i look in this pic--bad angle ;)


Friday I went with amy to her Dr appt and then we thought it'd be nice to have a date night before Harvest starts so we met up with the guys and watched "What to expect when your expecting"...thought its was fitting since we are all 4 expecting.  You can see here what Ross thought of the movie--but amy liked it lol

ANOTHER late night--didnt get home til 1 AM--im kind of a trooper these days!!!




We officially are DONE with the baby's room!  Kregg painted the last tractor on the wall and two angus cattle--he hung up the shelves and I'm happy (I'm sure he is too) to say that we are DONE with Baby C's room.  Pictures later.   We finished the weekend with an evening swim and some Hamburger Helper.