Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 will be good

I have so many things that ive gotten to do the past few years since High School, who would have thought at 26 years old i'd be in Anthony Kansas running title for Hambright...and ENJOYING IT?!  Ive been here for almost 8 weeks now working in Harper County.  A few perks-I finally get to work with a GIRL in the courthouse-Lieren is my age-and pretty fun.  I just got more work assigned to me so i'll be employed longer-thankful!  Oil work is so up and down- so every day is more than a blessing!! 

                                        Kregg & I excited to bring on 2011
                                           Anita and I excited that we've had since 2004
                                          Corey & I at Idle Hour
                                         Kregg & I @ Idle
                                             Reed & Matt surprised me on my birthday!!
Lieren & I @ Idle on my birthday
Last week was my 26th birthday-mom and dad came down and took me to supper--TaCo TueSdAy..and met some of my friends.  It was cool to have them with me on my birthday- unlike prior years where its like..ugh my parents on my birthday?  I was very grateful to be able to enjoy part of the evening with them.  Of course I did tell them that at 9 they turn into pumpkins so they'd have to leave then,lol.  Im bummed that I didnt get a picture with mom or dad on my birthday. 

I stayed here this weekend- Anita came down and visited me in my new little town of Anthony Kansas- we were supposed to go to OKC to party with her for new years-but she surprised me and wanted to come to wichita.  Thursday night a few of us went to Idle hour and played pool, then friday about 9 of us went to Wichita and ate at a steakhouse then went to Denim and Diamonds!  Its a country bar that ive gone to a few times- and love, so i knew anita would like it.  It was a great way to bring in the new year- with new friends and an old great friend. 

Im excited for 2011, I believe that it will be my best year yet--2010 was good/bittersweet..I got to do something ive wanted to do for a very long time, live in Haiti.  I think about my friends there every day- and will continue to try and help anyway that i can- and pray for them.  I wrote a page down of my new years resolutions- and am going to keep it in my notebook- ill post it soon.