Friday, April 24, 2020
He delights in ME
πME! He delights in ME!π Why does that feel so weird to say out loud? Why does it feel arrogant!? Why is it so hard to admit?
There are more days than I’d like to admit where I wonder how God could really love me as me. How could he still want me with flaw after flaw? A person who calls herself a follower, yet falls so short so often.
Those are the days that I get lost in myself and have to find my way back to the truths I know. Like when I can say God, because you delight in me I can come back to you again and again-(Zephaniah 3:17) -these are the days I remember Paul, stumbling with his fleshy desires yet still being able to press into the Lord (Romans 7:14-15).
Because at the end of the day-no matter what, the Lord delights in ME...and in YOU.
He didn’t die for only the best parts of you, he didn’t die for you on your best days, he died for you, wholly you. On your best days and on your worst days, on the days you’re standing on a mountain in real pants and a bra rejoicing over who He is and on the days your heads buried in a bowl of cereal because you cannot adult any longer.
It’s not only okay to believe you were CHOSEN by God, it’s CRUCIAL!

