We decided that yesterday was a good afternoon to bake the first batch of homemade cookies in our new kitchen. Let me tell you, it was a good choice.
I've always enjoyed welcoming cooper into our kitchen, and I always will. You see, if I constantly nag and constantly am overseeing a mess he's making while trying to HELP me, what's that going to do? He's going to lose interest, not want to help anymore and then slowly the kitchen becomes 'moms'. And I don't want this because I want a family kitchen where we all help and spend time together.
We also made extra to take to a new family in town to welcome them. Teaching Cooper hospitality is so important to me, and the best way to teach that is to do it alongside him. This immigration thing weighs heavy on my heart and I feel fairly helpless and confused. When I feel this way I usually find a way to learn or do something to help..so teaching Cooper to be more inclusive and love others around us was exactly what the recipe called for.
