Friday, January 27, 2017

...because I haven't always shown Jesus' love




I've tried to stay clear of seeing all of the hate memes and such but today I saw the photo of the women holding the sign "If Mary had had an abortion we wouldn't be in this mess" and I kid you not I've been sick since I saw it. Like stomach aching and a few tears rolling sick. 
I have held starving babies and I have walked beside some of the poorest people in the Western Hemisphere, but I have had my head in the sand on realizing that people still truly hate Jesus. Like they hated him in Jerusalem 2,000 years ago. 


I've known all my life that some people just don't dig Him, that some people don't "believe". But seeing that vile sign was a huge blow to my heart today, a huge wake up call to my mind. Some people still truly HATE my Jesus. 

And I kid you not I've prayed over and over and over today about that and I can't understand. Jesus never hurt people, he preached love and forgiveness and faithfulness. He not only preached it but he showed it daily in his short life. So then I have to wonder okay, why would people hate Him. And it was laid heavy on my chest "they don't KNOW him, they know and hear of his rules and his judgement day and his standards, they put him in a small box, they don't know His love. They don't rest in the goodness of His abounding GRACE. They are threatened and fearful of submitting to Him when really submission to Jesus has given me so much freedom in letting go of so much fear and anger and hate." 

And then in the next thought I realize, it's not because of Him. He's not physically here. It's because of me. Because I haven't always shown people who jesus truly is. People won't see Jesus' heart unless I'm doing Jesus' love daily. Unless I'm showing them all the time what it means to follow Jesus, and not by just obeying the rules he gave us, by loving them even when it's hard, seeing the log in my own eye when all i want to do is judge them, and by being not okay with their sad signs and horrible words but by choosing to love them "for they know not what they do"  And it's my job to be His hands and feet to plant those seeds of love and hope. But I need to pray, because the devil is strong in this war & I can't help him by portraying Jesus poorly.