I've known since I was pregnant that our kids would have horses someday-growing up with them on my grandpas farm it just felt natural.
We attended the farm day that farm bureau puts on a few weeks ago and there was a sweet girl with her beautiful horse for kids to ride. I of course saw how great the horse was with kids and in a joking way asked if I could buy her horse. She declined (later to find out that Of Course she did because she broke that horse herself and has had it for years)
So a few days go buy and I get a text from her-telling me to come to her farm because her dads got the perfect kid horse Cooper can ride. (Her dad breaks horses and is a cowboy for a living) So we did. And my little cowpoke of course loved it. And we went again. And mama loved watching him love it. And when he asked (in the sweetest little toddler voice) "mr can we buy him?" And that very sweet Mr kneeled down and said "ya know kiddo if you take care of him, you can have him!" Cooper looked at me with big excited eyes and I wasn't going to say no.
Meet "Scott!" A 25 year old palomino. Yes....25!
Scott is old and his legs are slow but it's perfect for us. Heck Cooper really doesn't care if scott doesn't walk he just told me he wants to sit on him and feed him carrots.
You see, Scott, he raised these two from the time they were two. Their daddy broke him and he's been in their family ever since he was a colt. They shipped scott to a cousins farm so he could raise those little girls a few years as well and he's been back home not getting as much attention as he used to from kids.
When this was going on the mom looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "feels good to see another little blonde leading scott around, it's been too long"( her kiddos used to be blonde of course)
Great family. Taught Cooper his first lesson as a horse owner...kindness counts. What a gift to be given! It's obviously not a horse because the mama on the left cried as scott went to his forever retirement home with Cooper.
We are pretty thrilled having scott-we take him grain and he walks right up from the pasture. Cooper kept telling him "chew it up, don't choke scott!" It was too funny. He bellered when we left a few times, which made Cooper laugh. I told him that's because scott was telling us thank you for the delicious grain.
{motherhood from where I stand}
To that he replied "Scott's my best horse friend mama! We will be back tomorrow scott!"
We don't know how long scott will live but we sure are glad to have him now.










