Thursday, November 6, 2014

To them it has always been big stuff..

We ordered one of these 'step up' stools for the kitchen because he is always wanting to 'help' me. 


And I'm not going to lie-it's been a game changer! It's been wonderful! 

He feels included and I get to get things done while spending some shoulder to shoulder time with him! Win win. 

And while making his lunch today he kept blabbing and blabbing about the sandwich I was making. And believe me he is persistent in getting your attention to share information.  (Which by the way sometimes I look down and don't even recognize myself because I'm still in shock I'm a mom doing what moms do. I was cutting out a sandwich with cookie cutters just to get their kid to eat it. Who am I?) 

Anyway. It made me thankful that he not only thinks but BELIEVES that I want to know the little words he has for little subjects such as cheese and bread. And after I took a picture of his lunch for the fun of it-I remembered a quote and thought it was fitting on top of my silly sandwich picture. Because silly little things have to matter so that big things will be shared later.