Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Teaching Acts of random kindness

Since I had cooper I knew I wanted to raise him to serve others and do random acts of kindness. 

I remember my mom always being so thoughtful and me wanting to do what she did. When it came to teaching a kid to do the same I was a little overwhelmed....or so I thought. 

And today I'm reminded how easy it is to teach these fruits of the spirit to him. Simply. By. Example. 

The doorbell rang. Neighbor Becky dropped off the best chocolate chip cookies (wonderful cookies as always). I'm sure it brings her joy to do so but let me show you whom else it brought joy to:


Don't ask how he got chocolate on the bottom of his shoe already. 



Why yes, he is eating the cookies on the church bench-because that's as far as we could make it before we had to open the bag :) 



Kindness counts.