Wednesday, February 1, 2012

'and thats all i want'

So yesterday we hit the mark of 12 weeks pregnant about 1/3 of the way there--people keep telling us that it will go so quickly but i doubt their statement :)  Part of me wishes it'd go fast while part of me wishes it'd slow down.  6 months until its not just me and Kregg lounging on the couch watching recorded shows; Greys anatomy, private practice, mike and molly and Hawaii 5-0 ALL IN one night, 6 months until we have a 'real' responsibility, 6 months until ? I'm a mother ? ...

... Its funny, dad always quotes the movie 'The Jerk" when steve martin says "And thats all i want" when it comes to a simple thing in life or an item that he loves...and while Ive been praying for this baby the past few weeks I've felt like God's really excited for us to raise a child, I feel like this kid will really be somebody.  I've had people say "i just hope its smart" or "I just hope its cute" or my husband in his semi insensitive times says "i just hope its a boy because girls are hard to raise"... while I haven't really thought about any of that.  All I want for this baby without sounding like a Sunday School answer is for it to Love God and Love people, period...'and thats all I want'.  I don't care if its a 'success' according to society or if it is a 'normal' kid that fits into molds so that it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.  I don't care if it chooses to love sports or piano or farming or Kansas, all I want for this baby in life (besides of course good health) is for it to Love others-and im not talking in a marriage boyfriend/girlfriend type love..I mean compassionate, selfless, kind type of Love.  And last night I felt God say "hmmm so just like the bible says"...yes! I want it to be patient, kind not proud, not rude, not self seeking, not easily angered....ect ect. 

I dont want our baby to be 'colorblind' or see both sexes as equal or not notice handicaps...I truly want this baby to embrace different flavors of people, to see the strengths of different sexes, and be compassionate to different handicaps.  I know that we can teach a lot of these things in our home in HPCO, and although I have a few good fun children's books on these issues I know that the bible is our best option for instilling Love.  I dont care if it shows love in simple ways or big ways, locally or internationally, I just want my child to be kind to others and make people a priority. 

Its funny-Ive babysat a lot..a l o t ! And I have always sworn i would not read a book about raising a child...because they are all so contradicting--one says let them cry the other says dont do that it causes long term issues, one says get all their shots - the other says it causes autism...yes i am reading about being pregnant because there are some crazzzzy things going on in my body and I want to know about it- but I wont read about raising a kid.  Of course I have to refrain and say that there is just that one book that i'll read for it.  :)

I guess I could mention a few of the things that are going on with me lately:

*My belly is slowly getting bigger- in tight clothes its noticable, and my jeans dont button any longer

*lately ive gotten Eczema on my feet-- i guess the baby uses oils from my body and dries skin out so 'the book' says ;)
*Heartburn is a naughty word these days! I dont get far from the tums

*Tailbone pain is still probably my worst 'complaint'..dont know if its pinched nerve or what but by 7 pm i can hardly lift my legs

Thats it--im pretty lucky--havent gotten 'sick' yet just somedays feel better than others.  I'd say this week has been my best so far with energy- I feel good and rested and can even stay up past 9 PM.