Last Night our friends luke and luciana invited us out for supper. It Was amazing (no surprise) Luci made beef burgundy. Of course they have had joe from France living with them (working with hoursch/deweze) so I wasn't surprised when they cooked something with wine!
Recipe was easy I'm going to try it:
One package onion soup
One can cream of mushroom soup
One cup red wine
Your choice of meat 2-3 lbs
Crockpot for 8 hours....
Served with egg noodles.
We played dominos for a few hours, the boys built a domino train and we headed home. We love the Thorntons!
I also had Luci pick out her purse I gave her for Christmas. I am helping sell HaitianCreations purses made by women in the sewing project at my friends organization.
The women take a 9 month sewing course along with a literacy course. At the end of the course they are offered a job sewing these purses and we buy them then sell them in the USA. The course is very strict such as if they miss 3 inexcused times, they are out of the project-this is also teaching responsibility.
It's truly a great project that I'm excited to be able to volunteer for. I spent lots of time with beth and john (founders) and know that they truly put the project first And doing this let's me stay where I'm at but still get to help the women of Haiti support their families. So I figured I'd buy some and give them as Christmas gifts, and sell the rest. I may even start selling them at craft fairs or purse parties.
Check it out!
Www.haitiancreations.com


