Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11...God of Peace

John 16:33. Jesus Said I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

So today, 10 years from 9/11 I got to spend it with 2/3 of my family (blake stayed home) and grandma bessie came to see me too. And we got to eat with Kreggs family too. We went to the neat memorial that is in town and spent time reading it. It was neat, and made me feel so many things; it was sad, it made me mad for a minute, it made me proud, it made me think.

I remember 9/11, I remember visiting ground zero with dad 2 years later,all the changes through the airport security, and so on. Its funny what makes us feel secure. Its funny that we are willing to fully trust a huge piece of metal flying in the air but we need reassurance of metal detectors, ect. Its funny that catching Bin Laden makes us feel safe. Again, Its funny what makes us feel secure. And I say WE because I get caught up as much as anyone with what makes me feel better, and its all such a temporary fix.

Today, when reading Kregg and I came across John 16:33 as I stated above. It reassured me the most of all the prior situations. It means so much more to me today than any war on terrorism plan could. Reassured me that we serve a God that is bigger than 9/11, we serve a God bigger than terrorists and acts of hatred. For this, today I'm not just happy to be an American, I'm proud to be a Christian.


Katie M. Carothers

Land Agent, Shell Gulf of Mexico, Inc