•Between her third and fourth child she lost a baby in an era that you didn’t discuss loss•
•Her second husband (my grandpa) died of a heart attack on the tractor in ‘01•
•She buried a son that was ill since his teenage years•
✨But she also got to watch all of her grandkids grow up, hold her great grand babies and live a very healthy 90 years!✨
She liked to tell me the story of our shared namesake by saying “katie mae...I remember when your dad called me from the hospital and he said we named her KATIE Mae”
Or when I’d ask to leave the table after we finished her famous roast beef and potatoes and she’d hold my hands and say “KATIE Mae. You’ve got the softest skin”
It’s the little things that are actually big things in the end.
She didn’t do everything perfect-she had a lot of faults. But I believe that she did the best that she knew how...and isn’t that what we are all doing? The best we know how.
I know when she hit heavens floor lastnight there was a party, after all when you live to 90 you’ve got a lot of people waiting for you up there! 😇

