So I've been doing a thing for a while now and it has been probably one of the best choices of my adult life..
Callan's recovery was HORRIBLE for me...I finally realized it was simply because I had ZERO muscle tone to help compensate for my belly muscles being cut open. So the rest of my body was trying to make up for the weakness with minimal muscle...
I didn't like how I felt so I decided to do something about it.
Mind you, I'm not a runner...I ran track in High School because we had to for basketball.
I had just turned 34 and had my second baby...exercise wasn't at the forefront of my mind, but being strong for my boys was a desire I had.
There's a "running group" in town that runs at 6 AM three mornings a week and I decided to try it...
Some days I run 2 miles, some days 3, but you know how I started?
We would run for ONE minute..and walk for ONE minute...repeat many many times...until you worked your way up to run for a consistent 35 minutes with no walking.
Cooper even ran a 5k with me this summer in a neighboring town!
This group really means a lot to me, everyones on their own level but goodness they are so supportive!
'manda and em and I did a 5k obstacle course this summer as well...twas fun!
Last year if you had told me that she would call on a Sunday and say "hey want to go run?" that I'd say YES! But...it happens more often than you know these days.
This was after the 4th of July 5k...
remember...he's a big reason for my WHY
Somedays you have to take a photo to prove you SHOWED UP
Pushing a stroller and running should get twice the credit on my Apple Watch
So there it is...I honestly have only lost 6 pounds since delivering Callan last September, but I FEEL better, I FEEL stronger, and know that I've built up more muscle than I had a year ago.
So...I'll continue to take it one day at a time...one foot in front of the other

