Saturday, April 30, 2016

My spirit animal ...

It's not too often i get a picture of just mommy and Cooper, especially one that's not staged and begged for someone to snap the shot. I'm usually the one that takes the picture and in my mind I know I was there ;) 

But a friend snapped this last weekend and it filled my heart with gladness. 

We've got a special relationship for sure. One that cannot be replaced and one that I pray he will treasure forever, because I sure will. We spend so much time together. He sometimes gets mad at me and says I'm not being a good friend. I usually reply that God didn't make me to be his friend He made me to be his mama first and take care of him. And every once in a while I hesitate to say it because he is my friend, he is close in line to being my best friend. 

 There's just not much that me and my little buddy don't do together on a daily basis. If a three year old can be your spirit animal, he is mine. He's free and fun and light hearted but yet focused and intense at times. He's brave but so insecure.  He's not afraid to make jokes and he strives to make others laugh.  He is too smart for his own good and he pays such close attention.  
He goes hard. 
He goes big. 
He's my buddy for sure.