If there was one thing God taught me through his life was grace and awareness. With half of his body being paralyzed from a gun accident when he was younger, there were many things he physically couldn't do. Tying his shoes was one of those things. I remember every Christmas Grandma Jewell would buy him shoes, not regular shoes, Velcro shoes. Some may think that us little kids didn't notice, but I vividly remember how I felt compassion and grace at that moment. And how humbling that had to be for him. I never had to walk in his shoes, and will never know why he was chosen.
But I do know he was fun...
...He was loved...
..And that he loved me.
(Look at the bald baby! That's ME!)
Cooper and I went home Friday quick to give mom a hug and just be there with her. We love her so much!
And then Monday all three of us headed home again for the funeral.
And a beautiful service it was!! I don't think that the preacher could have done a better job to honor mark and to speak about our Lord Jesus' love and grace.
Gram was glad to have us there I think.
Kids have a way of making hard things a little easier.
Daddy led everyone in Amazing Grace at the end of the service. How sweet the sound.
And cooper finally got to meet his cousin Sadie.
She kinda liked him.
Me and my cousins with Grandma and Grandpa.
Moms family.
I don't know why but this made me laugh.
And through this all, I'm reminded that I serve a God that is all about redemption and LOVE. And am thankful for this, as I need His amazing grace daily in my walk.
(I took this picture by my grandpas house Friday. The old railroad used to go through here and I really enjoyed walking the path)













